Photography by Mitch Dobrowner


Mitch Dobrowner: Biography

While growing up on Long Island (Bethpage), New York (USA), lost in my teens, worried about my future direction in life, my father gave me an old Argus rangefinder to fool around with. Little did he realize what an important gesture that would turn out to be for me. After doing some research and seeing the images of Minor White and Ansel Adams, I quickly became "addicted" to photography. To make a long story short, I left home at 21, quitting my job, leaving my friends, and family to see the American Southwest for myself. In California I eventually met my beautiful wife, together we had 3 children, became involved in our own design studio -- and the tasks of running a business and raising a family took a priority to Photography. During that time I stopped taking pictures. In early 2005 inspired by my wife, children and friends - I again picked up my cameras. Today I see myself on a passionate mission to make up for years of lost time creating images that help evoke how I see our wonderful planet . . . I currently live with my wife Wendy, our 2 sons (Jason and Joshua) and daughter (Asia) in Studio City California. Published Works: Lenswork, Edition #69, March-April 2007; B&W Magazine, Special Portfolio Edition, July-August 2007;PhotoArt, Czech & International Edition, Nov-Dec 2007 Awards - 2007: Lucie/IPA Award: Photographer of the Year: - Nature; Center for Fine Art Photography: International Exhibition; Black & White Spider Award; NANPA Fine Art Award; Fraser Gallery: International Photography Award
www.ordovergallery.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment